Situated in Christchurch on beautiful grounds of historic significance, our school is the South Island's largest state integrated Christian school catering for Y1-13 with a maximum roll of 1,290 pupils. In addition, the school operates an international college with 120 pupils and works closely with other Christian state integrated schools within its regional network.
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a principal who is passionate about combining their strong personal Christian faith with educational leadership. We are looking for a leader with a strong proven track record of providing educational excellence to guide the school and continue its ongoing success.
To be successful you will need to demonstrate a willingness and ability to:
- take part in religious instruction appropriate to the school
- uphold the special character
These requirements are a condition of appointment:
- a strong personal commitment to protect and enhance the Christian special character of the school
- people skills and the ability to engage and influence the breadth of the school community from pupils and their families, to the Board
- evidence of improving educational outcomes across all aspects of learning and development
- effective communication and experience building a strong team around you through collaborative leadership
- a desire to see teachers continue to grow and develop, pupils to achieve and reach their potential, and the community across the region positively impacted by the school.
You will be supported by dedicated Christian teachers, an engaged and experience Board, an effective proprietor, impressive facilities and the opportunity to grow Christian education in the region.
Visit the school website for further information regarding the school. The anticipated start date for this position is Term 3, 2019.
Applications close 22 February 2019.